- About Chris
- In the Media
- Work with Chris
- Fitness Programs
Prep Time: 30 Min Cook time: 10 Min Serves: 6
You Will Need:
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the corriander, the first onion, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, peanut butter, brown sugar and canola oil. Process until everything is finely chopped to create a marinade.
2. Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and place in a food storage container with 3/4 of the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade.
3. Thread vegetables onto soaked skewers, alternating between the onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms and yellow bell pepper. Create 6 full skewers with 3 pieces of each vegetable on each. Brush vegetable skewers with remaining 1/4 of the marinade.
4. Remove cubed chicken from the marinade and thread chunks onto 12 skewers. (seperate from the vegetables)
5. Lightly oil a grill, indoor grill or grill pan and set to medium- high heat. Place the vegetable and chicken skewers on the grill and grill for 8-12 minutes, turning as each side browns, until chicken is entirely cooked throughout and vegetables are tender. Serve 2 chicken skewers and 1 vegetable skewer together.
Calories: 350 Fat: 20g Protein: 27g Carbs: 22g Fiber: 3.5g
LOW SODIUM SOY SAUCE can be a great way to enjoy Asian flavors with about 50% less salt content than the regular sauce. Because sodium attracts and holds water, it can actually increase blood volume, putting strain on your heart if you consume more than your kidneys can excrete.