- Healthy Lifestyle
- About Chris
You Will Need:
1) Place water, quinoa, and salt in a large sauce pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
2) Cover and let boil 1 minute before reducing heat to low. Let simmer on low for 15 minutes.
3) Remove quinoa from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
4) Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
5) Season with salt to taste before serving warm, room temperature or chilled.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 20 min Serves: 6
Calories: 245 Fat: 9g Protein: 9g Carbs: 34g 7g
Choose This! Quinoa is a great gluten-free grain-like edible seed usually sold in the pasta aisle in little green boxes. An excellent plant based source of protein, quinoa actually provides all 9 essential amino acids. Look for a box that says the quinoa is pre-rinsed or simply let regular quinoa soak in water for 15 minutes, drain, and rinse before cooking.